tisdag 4 augusti 2015

The Meaning of Pluggers, part 9

Pluggers, 20150804:
Today, "Plugger" means "Person whose main contact with popular culture is through the newspaper crossword puzzle".

I despise The Big Bang Theory and its conceit of laughing at people for being nerds, but I've also never finished a crossword puzzle in my life, so I'm feeling left out by everyone here. I, however, have made peace with fact that the world doesn't revolve around me, and I don't beleaguer it for failing to make an effort to keep me in the loop. I accept that me not being able to name any of the actors playing in The Big Bang Theory is due to my own lack of interest, not because the world has gone mad.

The world was never made for me in the first place, so maybe it comes easier for me than for people who used to be normal and now find out they've turned old. I don't know.

But I do know if you want to do anything, working to make the world into a place for you is going to be a more constructive endeavor than passive-aggressively joking about how a TV show that's named after an astronomical concept has "stars" in it.

Your humble critic's plugger status: Negative

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar